The Battle is Joined!
Are you engaged in a fight to quit smoking? When cravings make it tough to change habits, sometimes will power and the best of intentions need an assist. That’s where GoodSense can help. Our store-brand equivalent Nicotine Polacrilex Gum reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
The difficulty that comes when trying to quit smoking is understandable when you know the causes. Over time, your body has become accustomed to the nicotine in cigarettes. When you stop smoking, you may be moody and irritable, and craving nicotine. Nicotine Polacrilex Gum helps calm your withdrawal symptoms when you are trying to quit by giving your body a controlled amount of nicotine at a slower, less-intense pace than cigarettes, and without the toxins found in cigarette smoke. Your body gradually adjusts to having less nicotine until you no longer need any.
Active ingredient (in each chewing piece): Nicotine Polacrilex (equal to 2 mg nicotine), stop smoking aid.
Inactive ingredients: acesulfame potassium, calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, flavors, gum base, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate anhydrous, sorbitol, talc.
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use.
- Before using this product, read the enclosed User’s Guide for complete directions and other important information.
- Stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum.
- If you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 4 mg.
- If you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 2 mg according to the following 12 week schedule: Weeks 1 to 6, 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours; weeks 7 to 9, 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours; weeks 10 to 12, 1 piece every 4 to 8 hours.
- Nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results
- Chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- Repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes).
- Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece.
- To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks.
- If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
- Do not use more than 24 pieces a day.
- It is important to complete treatment. Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor.